This product concept is a timer application that's live and shareable with anyone using a web address. Are you a coach and want to keep all your athletes synced up? A LARP (live-action role-playing) game leader who needs to easily manage rounds? Live Timer is for YOU!
- Create a single timer for up to 24 hours
- Upload a spreadsheet with multiple, sequential timers
- No user registration nor login needed
- Get a live web address for your timer
- Use a shareable passcode to control the timer from any web browser
Tech / Design
- Phoenix LiveView
My project mentor and I first defined the features and possible implementation. I then sketched a prototype and began app development. We discussed how new timers would be created, controlled, and how web browsers would show them. By taking turns programming through live screen sharing, we gradually built a working timer. I then designed UI screens; added admin authentication; created a 'custom' timer option with multiple, sequential timers; and wrote extensive code to check for errors and provide clear user feedback.